Home of the Palestrina Choir
For over a century the home of Ireland's renowned Palestrina Choir, Saint Mary’s Pro-Cathedral serves as the Cathedral of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Dublin. St Mary’s was constituted in 1825 from Saint Mary’s Chapel Liffey Street, whose pre-Reformation monastic antecedent was the great Benedictine, and later Cistercian Abbey of Saint Mary’s founded in the twelfth century. The present church is built on a site which was part of the ancient monastic foundation. The church was dedicated on 14th November 1825, the Feast of Saint Laurence O’Toole, Patron Saint of the Archdiocese of Dublin under the patronage of the ‘Conception of the Virgin.’
As the Parish Church of the people of the Pro-Cathedral parish, Saint Mary’s continues to be primarily a place of worship where God’s Pilgrim People are nourished daily in the celebration of the Eucharist. The church is open throughout the week for the celebration of Mass and the Sacraments and for both public and private prayer and devotions.
Visit the website of Saint Mary's Pro-Cathedral.